Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Sick Again?!

Tuesday after work we were planning on another 40 minute run. My daughter and I were both sick that day, so after enduring work, I pretty much was done with the day (after the baby stuff was done, of course). My husband was feeling a bit off too, so there was no run for neither of us.
Today I was feeling way sick and knew I wouldn't be able to as well. However, thanks to my husband, I was able to get a two hour nap with my son (who also might be sick again), while he stayed up with my daughter (who was refusing to nap even though she was sick/feverish as well). Between sick kids and weather, we decided not to run again tonight. BUT! Later tonight, after the babies were asleep, I decided I felt better and to just jump on the treadmill and train for my sub 25 min 5k. 
It felt great to be running and at a nice pace of 8'30" consistently, up until I ramped it up to a 7' for the last half mile or so. Apparently, I should have ramped up sooner, because I was over my goal. 25:20, but I'll do better next time when I'm feeling 100%. 
I've been reading a little on the MAF 180 and might give it a try. I don't have a heart rate monitor on my sports watch, but I know my treadmill has one. Maybe on my next treadmill one, I'll give it a shot. Hopefully we're all feeling better tomorrow so we can go for a family run again. We've acquired a bell for our stroller, so that should add an entertainment value to our run. I know I'll feel a bit silly, but hopefully it will be effective and not offensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment