Friday, June 14, 2013

Looking Forward to the Weekend to Run with the Family and Nature!

Well, now that we are all officially over our sickness, I hope the weekend is a healthy one full of running (and Father's day fun too, of course!). Yesterday, both my daughter and I were still sick and on Advil regularly for her fever and my sore throat. Thankfully, I felt OK but we still decided to keep the babies out of a long run and I would just run on the treadmill again while my husband ran outside. It worked out in the fact that he can get out of the house for a few and I can work on my sub 25 min. 5k. So, the night before I was at 25:20, last night I hit 25:01 and tonight's run was 24:37. I'm going to keep trying to and get this down to a science. I still don't have the endurance to run faster than an 8' pace longer than 10 minutes I think. So I start my first 10 minutes out at an 8'30" pace. My stupid Nike Sportswatch kept jumping to a 9'30 or so pace, which made me rage and then I tried to run faster. It's silly because I'm on a treadmill - there's really no way I could slow down that much at a set pace. Anyways, a few minutes after 10, I gradually push my pace up until I hit a pace of 8' by 15 minutes. I run that until 20, then I gradually push those last 3 or so minutes to a little over a 7' pace until I hit my 3 miles. I don't know if I will be able to work on my 5k timing this weekend, as I hope we'll be running family-style outside for a 6 or 8 miler on Saturday or Sunday, but next week I hope to make the last 10 minutes at a steady 7'30 or lower.

It's been a while since I last ran a 5k under 25min and it's not often that I do, but since I've been running with my husband and the baby stroller, I'm afraid my endurance and speed may suffer. I think by doing one 5k a week and pushing to get faster times, I shouldn't suffer too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment