Thursday, June 6, 2013

A Nice Run is Well Worth the Wait

It seemed kind of questionable if we were going to run together today again. It was raining in the morning and gloomy the rest of the afternoon. I'd like to say I would run rain or shine, but I'm a pretty big wimp when it comes to being cold (and behind cold AND wet is a certain torture). My son was feeling better, so I stayed optimistic.
Around 3pm is when the sun started to pop out of the clouds, so we decided to head out. We had an hour run in mind and maybe an 8 miler for the weekend. My ankle was feeling great so I offered to take the stroller half of the run. My husband is still working on his endurance and I am now totally aware of the signs of my tendon flaring up, so I felt comfortable taking the stroller - if only to see how I would do. The first 30 minutes was my husband's with the stroller and the last 30 was mine. On the first half, we ran pretty slow as the stroller was taking a lot out of my husband, plus he was running against the wind. On the last half, the babies decided to melt down and we had to stop twice to let them out of the stroller. After that second time, I decided I was going to try to get to the parking lot a bit quicker so they weren't suffering. Kept up a good pace of 8'40" or so for a good bit (felt pretty good, especially with the stroller!). The babies actually did pretty good from that point on because we gave them sticks to play with. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment