Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Ready to Hit the Trails with the Family

Yesterday was a good run. Not quite up to par, but getting there. Figured I'd keep a comfortable pace a little below 9' and try to go for 40 minutes (30 minutes was the day prior). Baby steps. I made it to 45 minutes/5 miles. Ankle handled it really well, especially considering I was ramping up my pace in my last mile (only to an 8'30" or so). Felt good. Continued to ice and massage before bed and today felt good again.
Today is national runners day! My husband was taking the day off and my son is on the mend but still one fever spike today. So it was just me and the treadmill again. I am hoping to hit the trails again tomorrow for a longish run. We'll reassess that depending on how Van is feeling. It would be great to run again, feels like so much has thwarted us from running together for too long now. So anyway, I decided on a short run so my ankle will have no excuse tomorrow. I ramped it up towards the end of my run again. After 30 min, I really wanted to keep going and was a little peeved about that, but I stopped myself. I've been quite proud of myself for healing this injury the smart way. It gives little bites of soreness every once in awhile to just remind me to still take it easy on tonight's run. This month I WILL get that 13 miler in!

No comments:

Post a Comment