Monday, June 3, 2013

Day Two Post-Injury Run.

So, Sunday was a bust. Turned out to be a rainy day and something told me it might be fate to give my ankle another rest day after my first run. My husband and I both agreed to have a super long run after work today. Well, once I got off of work, my son spikes a 103 temp and I decided to stay at home with the babies and let my husband go running without me. It world be pure, selfish evil to take  Van out when he's not feeling well. The "fresh" air would be good for him, but being restrained and uncomfortable would not be pleasant. Plus, he's been very clingy and needs cuddles when he's feeling yucky.
Once the babies were in bed though, I decided I'd get on the treadmill and just do another "test" run to see how my ankle does. I was on my feet all day at work, so I didn't want to overdo it. Plus, I'm not sure if I'm just paranoid, but sometimes I feel a little soreness here and there.
A good thirty minute run at my usual (solo) pace of about 8'40. I was feeling good. I use the Nike sports watch, which is great for GPS. However, when I run on the treadmill, I don't wear my VFFs and wear my Nike Frees with the sensor. I feel it's quite inaccurate with the sensor - tracking me sometimes at an 8'30 and then the next minute at an 9'30 pace. The sensor is pretty well matched when I use my iPhone app; I find it to be a bit more accurate.
A thirty minute run when I'm by myself feels like I'm just getting started. i would've loved to get a long run in. i am also sad that I missed my monthly 13 miler run in May because of my injury.hopefully  this month I'll be injury free so I can get one in. 
With that being said, it felt good to get another short run under my belt, my ankle seemed to have tolerated the run well so far and I'm hoping to be running again tomorrow (where, depending on my son - hopefully he'll feel better soon. Poor little guy).

No comments:

Post a Comment